A dental crown is a protective cover fitted over the existing structure of a broken or damaged tooth to restore function and appearance. With no black line at gum level and made to match your natural teeth in their size, shape and colour, an all-ceramic crown provides a very natural looking restoration and smile.
Dental bridges area series of crowns joined together to cover or close a space left by the loss of a tooth.
Sometimes known as a ‘cap’ a dental crown is an artificial restoration that fits over the remaining part of a prepared tooth that has been broken, damaged or decayed to a point where a filling is not suitable. The crown may be closely matched to the surrounding teeth in shape, colour and size and once fitted provide a seamless and permanent restoration to your tooth.
Providing expert dental care to the community New Eltham, Kent and London our clinical team has become known for their great skill in restoring and creating naturally beautiful smiles.
Dental crowns are one of his most requested services, which is also one of the most versatile and long lasting treatments for repairing damaged teeth. When done by a skilled dentist, crowns can last up to 30 years - which is why patients looking for a permanent solution ask for dental crowns to restore their smile.
1. To restore badly broken teeth
2. To restore teeth that have been heavily filled
3. To reshape an uneven or unsightly tooth
4. To restore the brightness to discoloured teeth
5. To protect a root treated tooth
6. To hold a bridge or denture in place
1. A person’s bite. This comes as a result of the teeth leaning into the empty spaces and altering the way in which the lower and upper teeth bite together
2. A person’s general appearance, oral health and smile
3. The way in which a person speaks
4. Confidence when smiling (especially for photographs)
5. The actual shape of the face
6. The probability of developing gum disease or tooth decay as a result of the accumulated food in the gap
7. The amount of dental implants and/or cosmetic dentistry required